Our friends at Nonna Tonda have shared a delicious pasta recipe to pair with your favourite NIO Cocktail for World Pasta Day, Monday 25th October.
Prawn and Chilli Bucatini Recipe:
500g Bucatini pasta
600g Datterino or good quality cherry tomato – Quartered
700g raw shell on prawns
3 tbsp’s olive oil
120ml White wine
2 garlic cloves – finely sliced
Small handful fresh parsley – Finely chopped
Your favourite NIO Cocktail
- Peel and devein the prawns reserving ½ the heads.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add the reserved heads and garlic then fry till lightly coloured.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine then add the prepped tomatoes, cook for around 5 min till tomatoes have softened and created a sauce.
- Remove cooked prawn heads from the sauce and discard.
- Add chopped parsley and raw prawns and cook for 1 minute or until prawns are cooked through, season to taste and set aside.
- Cook pasta in plenty of salted water. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Return to pan with prawn sauce and toss well, adding pasta water to loosen the sauce.
- Divide between plates.
- Enjoy alongside your favourite NIO Cocktail, poured over ice.